Online bullying can take many forms, from a trolling video to an unwanted comment. As a global community that thrives on creativity and expression, it’s important to us that users feel safe and comfortable within the TikTok community.
Here are some of the app settings that let you control your TikTok experience by placing further restrictions on your content or handling unwanted community interaction:
- Choosing to
allows you to approve or deny followers and restrict your uploaded content to followers only. make your account private
- While duets can be a fun way to explore your creativity, you get to
. You can choose one setting for all your videos, or make that decision for each video individually. You're also in control over who can react to your videos! decide who can make duets with you
- You have the ability to delete any comment posted on your videos – just tap and hold the comment, then choose "delete."
- You can also
in general by adjusting your privacy settings. control who can comment on your videos
- You can
at any time, or permanently delete a fan from being able to view your content or send you messages. block another user
- If you ever feel someone is harassing you or otherwise being inappropriate, please report them so our moderation team can review and take appropriate action if it violates TikTok's Community Guidelines.
- For more options, please
. visit our Tools page
If you feel another user is being bulled, there are ways for you to provide support!
on their behalf Report to TikTok
- Offer emotional support and positivity to your friends
, you can sit with your teen to help them manage their account settings and As a parent holistically navigate their online experience
- Remember: If someone is posing a real threat to you or another user, you should immediately call the police or local law enforcement for help
If you are in the US, here are some additional resources you may find helpful:
: Nonprofit organization dedicated to educating users of connected technology about safety, privacy, and security. ConnectSafely Learn how to identify bullying and stand up to it safely. StopBullying.gov: : A nonprofit providing innovative and effective tools to help young people make wise choices in a world of media and technology. WiredSafety A program of the Federal Trade Commission that provides practical tips from the government and technology industry on protecting against internet fraud. OnguardOnline.gov: