Upload

For You

Log in to follow creators, like videos, and view comments.

Popular topics

Comedy

Gaming

Food

Dance

Beauty

Animals

Sports

eh-background

Create effects

© 2023 TikTok

#placestovisit

1.9B views

From hidden gems to must-see hotspots, what are your top #PlacesToVisit in your local area?

THE BEST FREE EXHIBIT IN LONDON 🌈 Yayoi Kusama📍@Tate Modern #yayoikusama #tatemodern #londonartgallery #girlandgallery #artmuseum #PlacesToVisit #thingstodoinlondon #londonmuseum #london
🇯🇴 Tips for visiting Petra in Jordan ⬇️⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ The Ancient city of Petra was once the trading centre and capital of the Nabataean empire who settled in Jordan over 2000 years ago. Petra is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the new Seven Wonders of World. The site was lost to the western world for hundreds of years, sitting empty and in ruins until the 1800s when it was rediscovered and excavated by archaeologists. Only 15% of Petra has been uncovered, with the remaining 85% of the city remaining underground and untouched.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ From the entrance of the site, you walk through a 1 km long narrow chasm (or siq) which dramatically opens up to the famous monument, Al-Khazneh (The Treasury). This famous tomb for King Aretas III which was carved into the rock face by the Nabataeans, who settled in Jordan 2000 years ago.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ Petra is filled with hundreds of archaeological wonders and Hellenistic architecture including temples, streets, Roman-style theatres, tombs and baths. Further into the site, after climbing 900 rock-cut steps you will come across the impressive Ad-Deir Monastery.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ TIPS:⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ – Tickets cost 50JD (£53) for 1 day or 55JD for 2 days.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ – I recommend at least 2 days to see Petra, 1 day is possible but you will be EXHAUSTED.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ – Wear comfortable trainers that you can climb in, you will be walking/climbing a LOT!⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ – Bring cash with you & some loo roll/tissue.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ – There are restaurants, toilets and plenty of places to get food & drink within the Petra site.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ – Don’t ride the donkeys/camels.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ – Don’t climb without a Bedouin guide.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ – Don’t lean on or enter any tombs.⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣For more Jordan recommendations, go to my blog - kelseyinlondon.com⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣ 🇯🇴 #jordan🇯🇴 #tiktoktravel #uktravelblogger #travelbloggers #travelblogger #travelcreators #visitjordan #visitjordan🇯🇴 #explorejordan #jordantravel #🇯🇴 #petra #thetreasury #petrajordan #aqabajordan #bedouin #petratreasury #bucketlistexperience #bucketlisttravel #bucketlistvacations #bucketlist2022 #travelbucketlist #travelbucketlist2022 #traveltips #placestotravel #travelinspiration #travelinspo #wheretotravel #wheretogo #placestogo #placestovisit #jordan🇯🇴🔥
Get TikTok App