A support network of people and resources can be invaluable to someone facing a difficult time. For our US-based users and their support networks, here are some resources you may find helpful:
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Free, confidential support is available 24/7 at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).Users in other regions can find a list of similar resources here, or consult the International Association for Suicide Prevention to connect with a crisis center in your area.
- Crisis Text Line: Free support, 24/7, to those in crisis. Text 741741 from anywhere in the US. The Crisis Text Line will connect you with a trained Crisis Counselor.
- The Trevor Project: Confidential crisis intervention and suicide prevention services for LGBTQ+ youth; hotline available at 1-866-488-7386.
- National Eating Disorder Association: Nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting individuals and families affected by eating disorders.
- S.A.F.E Alternatives: A network and educational resource base committed to helping end self-injurious behavior.
If you believe that someone you know may be in immediate danger, please call the police.