Asia Pacific Safety Advisory Council
Updated on 22 September, 2020
At TikTok, we are constantly finding ways to create a positive and safe online environment for our users.
The Asia Pacific Safety Advisory Council is formed to formally bring together a group of independent online safety experts to advise on issues related to trust and safety at TikTok.
They hold extensive knowledge across shared topics of interest including cyber wellness, mental well-being, minor protection and countering falsehoods.
We made a deliberate choice to bring on board experts with strong independent opinions and the courage to challenge our thinking. Hearing from a diverse set of voices is valuable for TikTok when crafting products, policies and processes to serve the evolving needs of our growing community.
- Jehan Ara, President of the Pakistan Software Houses Association and the Founder of The Nest I/O, from Pakistan is a highly regarded expert in the IT industry and will lend her expertise on general content-related issues.
- Amitabh Kumar, Founder, Social Media Matters, from India is known for his initiatives on social digital campaigns and is highly regarded for his digital safety programmes focused on gender sensitisation, digital rights and online safety.
- Nguyen Phuong Linh, Executive Director, Management and Sustainable Development Institute, from Vietnam advocates for the rights of marginalised groups, especially children, youth, women and people with disabilities.
- Dr. Yuhyun Park, Founder, DQ Institute, from Singapore brings valuable experience and expertise in digital literacy, skills and readiness.
- Prof. Akira Sakamoto, Professor, Department of Psychology, Ochanomizu University, from Japan focuses on the intersection of media and digital literacy.
- Prof. Seungwoo Son, Professor of Industrial Security, Chung-Ang University, from South Korea is a renowned expert on intellectual property and Internet law, which includes defamation, pornography and misinformation.
- Anita Wahid, Activist, Gusdurian Network Indonesia and President, MAFINDO (Indonesia Anti-Hoax Society), from Indonesia is an activist at the intersection of human rights and anti-hoax who understands child safety issues and religious content needs.