Suicide Prevention Resources
TikTok is a positive and supportive community. We hope that the cool dances, beautiful songs, cute animals, stunning scenarios, and comedy can bring happiness to people on our platform.
But sometimes, loneliness and stress are hard to avoid. So if you or someone you may know are having a tough time, we want you to know that we are here to help.
Contact a professional if you are in danger of immediate physical harm
If you are considering harming yourself, or if you are concerned about the wellbeing of a friend or family member, please contact your local emergency services, a suicide-prevention helpline, or expert listening service for help. Find the list of local suicide-prevention helplines in your country below.
Talk to someone you trust
Asking for help, or opening up, can be extremely difficult, especially when it comes to your own mental wellbeing. However, just talking to someone you trust, like a family member or friend can bring relief. Reach out to them and let them know about what you’re going through.
Find out more about self care and ways to support yourself
It’s important to be kind to yourself when you are struggling with something or feel stressed out. When you’re feeling overwhelmed, give yourself a break and engage in activities that make you feel more supported and relaxed. Here are some self-care tips that others have found helpful.
1.Take a break when you need it.
- When you’re overwhelmed, remember to take the time to stop, stand and stretch for 2 minutes.
- Take a deep breath and release. Repeat until you feel less tension in your mind and body.
- Take a day off from social media and the Internet. You could even take a mental health day if you need a break from school or work.
2.Change your environment and engage in activities that lift your mood
- If possible, take a walk outside, connect with nature, and enjoy some fresh air. Or stay inside and dance to a song you love.
- Watch your favorite movie, make plans with a friend, read a book, treat yourself to your favorite snack or create a happy playlist!
- Prioritize sleep, nutrition and exercise.
3.Connect to the world around you.
- Consider joining an interest or volunteer group.
- Take a new class or start a new hobby that you have always wanted to try.
- Make a list of things of five things you are grateful for in your life (it can be a person, place, or thing).
- Reach out to someone you are grateful for and tell them how much you appreciate them.
- Keep a daily gratitude journal.
If you have a friend in trouble, you can also encourage them to contact a suicide-prevention hotline listed below:
- United States
- Lifeline Aotearoa: 0800 543 354 or text ‘HELP’ to 4357
- Youthline Helpline: 0800 376 633 Or text 234 from 8am - 12am
- 1737 Need to Talk? Free call or text 1737
- Samaritans of Singapore 1800 221 4444
- Samaritan 116 123
- Telefono Azzurro 1 96 96
- Telefono Amico 02 2327 2327
- Samaritans 116 123
- Телефон доверия 8-800-2000-122
- Telefono de la esperanza 717 003 717
- Hong Kong
- กรมสุขภาพจิต กระทรวงสาธารณสุข 1323
- สะมาริตันส์ 02 713-6793
- Samaritans (English mailbox) 02 713-6791
- Kementerian Kesehatan Republik Indonesia 119
- South Korea
- 자살예방상담전화 1393
- 청소년전화 1388
- 정신건강상담전화 1577-0199
- 한국생명의전화 1588-9191
Never forget that you are part of a larger whole and you matter.
With love, #TeamTikTok