માફ કરશો આ પૃષ્ઠ હજી અનુવાદિત કરવામાં આવ્યું નથી.
Last updated: April 2019
- Welcome to TikTok (the “Platform”). The Platform is operated by Bytedance (India) Technology Pvt. Ltd. or any of its affiliates (“Bytedance” or “TikTok”, “we” or “us”). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Capitalized terms that are not defined in this policy have the meaning given to them in the
. Terms of Service
- By accessing or using our website, services, applications, products and content (that include but are not limited to the Platform) (collectively, the “Services”), you acknowledge that you have read this policy and that you understand your rights in relation to your information and how we will collect, use and process it. If you do not agree with this policy in general or any part of it, you should not use our Services. Capitalized terms that are not defined in this policy have the meaning given to them in the Terms of Service.
- If you have any questions about how we use your information please contact:
1. The types of information we collect
We may collect and use the following information about you:
- Information you give us. You give us information about you when you register for and/or use the Platform, including your name, age, gender, address, email address, social media login details, telephone number and financial and credit card information and your photograph as well as your language selection. In addition, this category will include your customer profile, the comments you make on our Platform (including any Virtual Items you contribute to any user-generated content), account and billing details, including but not limited to, your Apple, Google or Windows account, PayPal or other third-party payment channel account where required for the purpose of paying or withdrawing cash. It also includes user-generated content, photographs and video content that you choose to broadcast on our Platform. You are also able to register using your user credentials to certain social media sites, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Google. You may choose to provide us certain personal information considered to be sensitive or critical depending on the laws of your country. Such information may be subject to special protections in accordance with such law.
- Information you choose to share from your social networks. If you choose to link your social network or public forum account (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Google) to the Platform, you will provide us or allow your social network to provide us with information from your social network or public forum accounts, including your contact list. This data will include information relating to your use of the Platform on such public forums and/or social networks. For further information, as to how and for what purpose the social network provider processes your data, please see the relevant privacy policies of these social network providers.
- Technical Information we collect about you. We automatically collect certain information from you when you use the Platform, including your IP address, location-related data (as described below) or other unique device identifiers, your browsing history (including content you have viewed in the Platform), Cookies (as defined below), your mobile carrier, time zone setting, mobile or device information including the model of your device, your screen resolution, operating system and platform and information regarding your use of the Platform.
- Usage information we collect about you: We also collect information regarding your use of the Services, e.g. your comments on our Platform or any other user-generated content and video content that you generate through and broadcast on our Platform. In addition, we link your contact or subscriber information with your activity on our Platform across all your devices using your email or social media log-in details. We collect engagement scores (such as likes, comments, repeated views) and related users based on your behaviour. When you use our Platform, even if you do not comment or upload any content on it and are merely browsing on it, we collect viewing information or general behavioural patterns. Finally, we collect opt-ins and communication preferences.
- Location data. When you use the Platform on a mobile device, we may collect information about your location. With your consent, we may also collect Global Positioning System (GPS) data and mobile device location information.
- Information from third parties. We will receive information about you from third parties if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We will also receive information from third parties (such as advertising networks and analytics providers) and from other sources, including business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources.
- Your phone and Facebook contacts. You can choose to find other users of the Platform either through (i) your phone contacts or (ii) Facebook contacts. If you chose to find other users through your phone contacts, we will access and collect your phone contacts, including the names, phone numbers, addresses and any other information that you have stored on your phone about your contacts in order to determine if they are using the Platform by matching them with existing users of the Platform. If you want to find other users through your Facebook contacts, we will collect your public Facebook information as well as names and profiles of your Facebook contacts.
- Messages. We collect and process (which includes scanning and analysing) information you provide, including any personal information, in the context of composing, sending, or receiving messages (that means the content as well as information about when the message has been sent, received and/or read and the participants of the communication) through our Service's messaging functionality. Please be aware that messages sent to other users of our Service will be accessible by those other users and that we are not responsible for the manner in which those users use or disclose messages.
- Metadata. When you upload a video to the Platform (“User Content”), you automatically upload certain metadata that is connected to the User Content. In essence, metadata describes other data and provides information about your User Content that will not always be evident to the viewer. In connection with your video the metadata can describe how, when and by whom the piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted. It further includes information such as your account name that enables other users to trace back the video to your user account. Metadata will further consist of additional data that you chose to provide with the video, e.g. any hashtags used to mark keywords to the video or comments.
- Transaction Data. You might choose to buy coin packs via in-app purchases. You can use these coins to buy virtual gifts and send them to support other users during live broadcasts or in their channels. When you chose to buy coins you will be transferred to your app store on your mobile device to complete the purchase. In connection with this purchase, we will collect personal information from you. Furthermore, if you purchase any gift points in accordance with the Gift Point Policy using your Apple iTunes or Google Play account, we process the confirmation of the payment and credit your account.
We use the following Cookies:
- Strictly necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of the Platform. They include, for example, Cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of the Platform.
- Functionality Cookies. These Cookies are used to recognise you when you return to the Platform. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region). These Cookies support the log-in function in the Platform for a 90 day period.
- Social media Cookies. These Cookies allow users to create an account on the Platform by using their existing log-in for other services (for example, for Facebook, and Google).
- Performance Cookies. These Cookies are used to collect information about your visits to the Platform, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed, including your interactions with other websites or applications. We will use this information to improve the performance of the Platform.
- Marketing Cookies. These Cookies are used to deliver advertisements on the Platform and make the advertising more relevant to your interests. It also helps in tracking the efficiency of advertising campaigns. We may share this information with third parties for this purpose. Our service providers may also use the information about your interactions with our Platform to serve you targeted advertisements on other websites and applications.
- Analytics Cookies. Analytics Cookies are statistical audience measuring systems that we use for our Services to help us measure which web pages you click on and how you use the Platform (see below for more details).
“Do-not-track” signals are preferences that users can set on their web browser to limit how their activity is tracked across third-party websites or online services. The Platform does not respond to "do-not-track" signals in your web browser.
On our Platform, we use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. Traffic refers to the different data flows surrounding activities of the users on the Services. These tools, for example, collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. The information will be used to report and evaluate your activities and patterns as a user of the Platform to provide services in accordance with these activities.
3. How we use your information
We will use the information we collect about you in the following ways:
o to administer the Platform (i.e. to provide our Services to you) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (i.e. to guarantee the Platform’s stability and security) and to solicit your feedback;
o to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Platform, when you choose to do so;
o to personalise the content you receive and provide you with tailored content, including location-related information, that will be of interest to you;
o to improve and develop our Platform and conduct product development;
o to measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others;
o to provide you with services based on the country settings you have chosen, such as advertising and other content that is related to the country settings;
o to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Platform about goods or services that will interest you or them;
o to allow other users to identify you via the "Find other friends" function as a user of the Service, to allow you to find other users and to connect with them on the Platform, and to support the socializing function of the Services;
o to provide you with your profile information to send to anyone you choose and to enable you to participate on the Platform and interact with other users;
o to make your information available to other users in accordance with the privacy settings you chose for the respective information;
o to show you content that is similar to content you liked or interacted with (by commenting and/or watching the content), content from your region as well as content from users you follow;
o to show you advertisements that are relevant to you;
o to promote the Services and use information that you give to us, such as User Content and video content that you can choose to broadcast on our Platform, as part of our advertising and marketing campaigns to promote the Platform;
o to enable our messenger service to function (although this information is only processed if you choose to use this function) and you can choose to delete any information in this regard on your discretion via the clear cache function within the Platform’s settings;
o to select and personalise ads, offers and other sponsored content for you;
o to help us detect abuse, fraud, and illegal activity on the Platform;
o to attempt to ensure that you are old enough to use our Services (as required by law).
o to notify you about changes to our Services;
o to communicate with you.
o to provide you with user support;
o to enforce our terms, conditions and policies;
o to receive payments from you and/or make payments to you in accordance with the Diamond and Flame provisions set out in the Supplemental Terms – Virtual Items Policy under the Terms of Service or under a separate Premium Content Creator Agreement, if applicable.
4. How we share your information
Most activity on the Platform is public, including your profile information, your time zone and language, when you created your account, and your videos and certain information about your activity like the date, time, and application and version of the platform you use. You also may choose to publish your location in your activity or your profile.
We will share your information with the following selected third parties:
- our business partners so that we can make you special offers via the Platform;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve adverts to you and others.;
- cloud storage providers to store the information you provide and for disaster recovery services, as well as for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the optimisation and improvement of the Platform; and
- IT service providers;
- Our data center and the servers of our host providers;
- To the general public in the case of certain information which has been notified to you as public information- this include your username, any information you share with a public audience, any information belonging to you that other users share, information on your public profile, etc.
We will also share your information with any member, subsidiary, parent, or affiliate of our corporate group, only for the purposes set out above, to assist in the improvement and optimisation of the Platform, in order to prevent illegal uses, increase user numbers, development, engineering and analysis of information or for our internal business purposes (How we use your information).
We will share your information with law enforcement agencies, public authorities or other organizations if legally required to do so, or if such use is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with legal obligation, process or request;
- enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements, policies, and standards, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with, other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets, or get involved in liquidation or bankruptcy proceedings. In such transactions, user information will be among the transferred assets.
5. Your Rights
Access and Updation
If you have registered for an account, you may access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there, though this may be restricted in instances where you are not able to verify your identity or there is suspicious activity associated with your account.
You can manage third party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by clicking here and by utilizing the choices available at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.aboutads.info/choices.
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us.
You can switch off location information functionality on your mobile device if you do not wish to share your GPS or mobile device location information with us.
6. The security of your information
We take steps to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with this policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, for example, by encryption, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of you and other users. We maintain these technical and organizational measures and will amend them from time to time to improve the overall security of our systems.
We will, from time to time, include links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any information to these websites.
Note that if you upload a video to the Platform for the first time, you will be notified that you are using the Platform on a public account, meaning that if you post a video it can be viewed by every user of the Platform regardless your connection to the user. You can limit the audience having access to the information included in the information that you post to the Platform in your privacy settings as specified in the information window. Changes to the privacy settings on the Platform will immediately apply and also affect Information that you have posted in the past. We will delete your information from your use of the Platform once you decided to delete the respective UGV or broadcast content or other information you provided in your profile.
7. How long we keep your information
We use the following criteria to determine the period for which we will keep your information:
- our contractual obligations and rights in relation to the information involved;
- legal obligation(s) under applicable law(s) and regulations to retain data for a certain period of time;
- statute of limitations under applicable law(s);
- our legitimate business purposes; and
- disputes or potential disputes.
After you have terminated your use of our Services, we can store your information in an aggregated and anonymised format. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we can also retain any personal information as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, allow us to resolve and litigate disputes, and to enforce our agreements.
8. Information relating to children
The Platform is not directed at children under the age of 13. If we become aware that personal information has been collected from a person under the age of 13 we will delete this information and terminate the person’s account. If you believe that we have collected information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at
The most current version of this policy will govern our processing of your data. Your continued access to or use of the Services after the date of the updated policy constitutes your acceptance of the updated policy. If you do not agree to the updated policy, you must stop accessing or using the Services. We will generally notify all users of any material changes to this policy, through a notice on our Platform. However, you should look at this policy regularly to check for any changes. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of this policy, which reflects the effective date of such policy.